The Laureate's Coast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vent is Fixed

+3
The Artful Lost
Jen
Ina
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Vent is Fixed Empty The Vent is Fixed

Post  Ina Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:59 am

We need a bitching (or venting) Topic. It is morning and I feel like bitching (oops venting) to strangers. I find my job terribly hard like they threw a law book at me and expect me to know everything about law when I did not even know what a law firm actually did before I signed up (psych major). I am stressed. I feel like a failure and I am not usually intimidated by ... much. I am anxious, I feel dispensable, confused, unable, useless, and slow. I do feel tons of hot in my little office uniforms, but I wish I could GET IT all. It has only been four days...BUT...and then my ex bf from London is living with me which adds to the chaos of my little mush mash of a brain and I am about to move to a gutter somewhere and live off of bird droppings....

Good morning guys.

Ina

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

The Vent is Fixed Empty Re: The Vent is Fixed

Post  Jen Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:09 am

Good morning Ina.
Well, I woke up late this morning, and finally got to class. Late. Some woman decided to break her foot at the corner of my street, and she asked for my phone, so I let her use it. But she used all my minutes =/.
I don't have any homework done for this class, either.
Thank God for work tonight.

Jen
Admin

Number of posts : 207
Job/hobbies : Poetry, Psychology, Ribbons
Registration date : 2008-03-15

https://laureatescoast.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Well then, may I vent as well? (beware, this may be lengthy)

Today, I had to attend a funeral for my grandfather. He had passed away on the 15th of March, due to colon cancer and internal bleeding. I've called this day off in more than 2 weeks from work. (I told them ahead of time that I'd have to have this day off to attend the funeral, but that's not exactly why I'm a bit peeved).

So today, as I'm getting prepared for a group of people that I must travel with, I receive several calls from work, asking about an autowrapping that was needed. But this is the thing- it was never completed. Why you may ask? I'll list the reasons.

1) This autowrapping was made by me, but just on a picture of the car. I needed the measurements for the car to actually make it a printable file for the actual thing.
2)The measurements in question were done at 3:30pm on Wednesday. I am officially off work at 4:00pm. There is no way in hell that I can make 2 files for the sides of the truck (a Mitsubishi Hi-Lux that's nearly 5 meters in length), a back file for the pickup door, the hood of the truck, and the roof- in 30 minutes.

So they called me today, asked me where the files were and and told them they were not completed. They call me again to ask about how this is gonna work and stuff. I told them what to do (vector items can be scalled limitlessly without loss of clarity and the style for the layers can be copied and pasted wherever). The call one last time...

Co-worker: "Neal, where are the files for the truck?"
Me: "There's only one file and it's incomplete. I didn't have enough time to make all of them. You measured the call a half-hour before I had to leave."
Co-worker: "Why did you make me waste time measuring it when you know you couldn't finish it?!"
Me: "What? You had to measure the truck months ago. I didn't make you waste time for anything. The truck is now measured, so I can now make the wrapping for it without delay. And it's nearly 5 meters in length, the file is big, so it's gonna take the computer a bit of time to do what I need to do."

I'm tired of their whining about me, so I'm going to quit. It seems I'm not suited for their needs, though I've done a hell of a lot for them already. They aren't paying me extra for ANYTHING. No overtime pay like they promised, and nothing for the technical services I've given them also. I'll take my paycheck and see the amount. If the amount is still the same, then I'm walking. If the amount is no sufficient enough to justiffy the compensation for the things I've done already- I'm walking out.

Besides- how can you tell me that you will not pay me for my extra services until a month later, when you 'supposedly' hire some new guy like me? So my past actions that gave you an upgrade to all your working computers vs. the unwritten future that *may* or *may not* be written. Do the math, you inconsiderate bastards.

Last edited by The Artful Lost on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Artful Lost

Number of posts : 122
Job/hobbies : Graphic Designer, Gaming Enthuisiast, PC Geek, Aging Poet

http://theartfullost2005.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Inconsiderate. Not unconsiderate.

I had to. Sorry.

Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Jen wrote:Inconsiderate. Not unconsiderate.

I had to. Sorry.

Thanks actually. ^^;
After all that typing, it would be hard to not have a spelling mistake somewhere.

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:03 pm

I am a Grammar Nazi.
It's my job.

Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  love it Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:23 pm

Im going to have my breasts sliced off ...

love it

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:10 pm

AWESOME.

I've been dizzy for a while now. I don't know what's causing it. Hm.

Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:25 am

I saw some horror movie once where some killer had cut a womans boobs off. there were just two red dripping circles on her chest. It was...so disturbing that I remember it every once in a while, and I get all...ew, woobly, and i wince a bit. just...seems so horrific and painful having boobs cut off like that. i could really never be a doctor.

"DR GOULD! we need you STAT! THIS WOMANS HAD HER BAJONGAJONGS CUT CLEAN OFF!"

(bajongajongs is technical medical jargon for bewbs.)

Jeremy

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:46 am

Medical, eh?

Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  love it Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:02 pm

ohoh i get the same thing when im waiting at the dentists. I alwqays get that scene from Marathon Man " IS IT SAFE!?" fixed in my head Surprised and he starts with the drilling and my undernourished little organs get all in a panic and try to squewer them selves onto my ribs like the most un-halal kebab ever. And once i had to have a different dentist to Mr Hadfield Sad and this guy was a total shitface to me; he was all curt and mean and i got a bit teary because i really thought he was going to do something nasty like in the film...

love it

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:43 pm

Dad's birthday today.

Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ina Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:15 am

Evening guys. I am rocking on ceramics, and the mood is very anthropological.
Artful sorry about your stressful day/life period, Love it I dont think I have met a person who actually went to the dentist in years, which says a lot about the dental higene (yes Jen i know it is spelled incorrectly but forgive a poor grammar Jew) of my friends. Onions help keep your teeth strong but they considerably weaken ones social life.
I am kicking serious ass at work, not so much in life overall, but I make one hell of a parfait.
So I have hypersomnia, but tonight...tonight I have INsomnia. Who here suffers from insomnia and what does one do when everyone is sleeping? Also did you know that there is actually a disease where you cannot go to sleep ever, it obviously does not last long, and there is no cure, the person dies. It is genetic. This knowledge makes me very uncomfortable, a bit paranoid.

Ina

Back to top Go down

Post  Divya Jyoti Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:02 am

so if its genetic then the person dies as a kid na.. or is it genetic but not exactly "from birth"? the disease you were talkign about..

and i HATE dentists... i had to go for my braces till like 2 years back.. horrendous.. since then i brush my teeth twice[even thrice.. or four times when i have sweet stuff] a day.. have all the calcium in the world.. and for some strange reason i already have my wisdom teeth coming up. But i'll do everythign possible i can to avoid going to a dentist ever again

Divya Jyoti

Number of posts : 60

http://wordvoice.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:27 am

Hygiene!

Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ina Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:45 am

Divya Jyoti wrote:so if its genetic then the person dies as a kid na.. or is it genetic but not exactly "from birth"? the disease you were talkign about..

and i HATE dentists... i had to go for my braces till like 2 years back.. horrendous.. since then i brush my teeth twice[even thrice.. or four times when i have sweet stuff] a day.. have all the calcium in the world.. and for some strange reason i already have my wisdom teeth coming up. But i'll do everythign possible i can to avoid going to a dentist ever again

it kicks in later in life, kinda like schizophrenia.

Ina

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:18 am

And Alzheimers.

Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:44 pm

Ina wrote:So I have hypersomnia, but tonight...tonight I have INsomnia. Who here suffers from insomnia and what does one do when everyone is sleeping? Also did you know that there is actually a disease where you cannot go to sleep ever, it obviously does not last long, and there is no cure, the person dies. It is genetic. This knowledge makes me very uncomfortable, a bit paranoid.

I tend to have insomina on most nights, actually.. I just try to keep myself busy until my body decides that it wants to rest. So that really entails drawing late into the morning hours, playing games, writing miscellaneous things like adding on to a story I'm writing, or thinking about things I've done or have yet to do. Most times, I just think about Adrianne.
I think the most days I've stayed up consecutively is 3. No real reason behind it.

Is it true that you can only go 11 days without sleep before your body is deprived of energy to retain your blood circulation?

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  Divya Jyoti Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:07 am

I've been using compueters for 3 fourths of my life and i still can't open a pdf file and bloody all important sample papers and stuff HAVE to be available in pdf format.. BUGGED big time!!!!!

Divya Jyoti

Back to top Go down

Post  Divya Jyoti Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:12 am

Intelligently enough i downloaded a doc -> pdf converter and not the other way around... gaaaaahhhh I genuinely want to jump off a cliff

Divya Jyoti

Back to top Go down

Post  love it Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:50 am

I have a strange, toxic smell in my belly button.

love it

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:42 pm

Divya Jyoti wrote:I've been using compueters for 3 fourths of my life and i still can't open a pdf file and bloody all important sample papers and stuff HAVE to be available in pdf format.. BUGGED big time!!!!!
Don't you have Adobe Acrobat Reader? It's a PDF reader and it's free to download from Adobe.com. And pdf -> doc converters are usually just trial based converters. That means they more often than not watermark the conversion and then need you to pay to unlock the full version without a watermark.

love it wrote:I have a strange, toxic smell in my belly button.
I suggest you wash that out..

And I'll jump off that cliff with you, Sis.
Been having random days of good/alright/bad/horribly crappy since last week. Attending wakes, funerals, ceremonies, and all that kind of shit. Found out that I could not order my computer parts and items from this country because well... it seems America is the only continent on earth with acceptable credit. I want to go home...
And my ladyfriend has been acting odd these few days... my mind runs wild with her abandon. Doubt and false accusations can ruin anything, but being two-timed with a clever ruse is unforgivable.. I'll keep my doubts to myself and see what happens.

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  Ina Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Artful you sound a bit like my boyfriend. When even for a second I falter in filling him with reassurance, love and attention he begins to think the worst, he starts saying I am acting weird and something is wrong, when in reality a girl sometimes needs to focus on herself and in a tight relationship the guy usually feels a bit abandoned...men are very much like infants, you cannot leave an infant alone. Dont worry. Dont pester her with questions. give it one more week.

good luck lover boy. Very Happy

Ina

Back to top Go down

Post  The Artful Lost Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:13 pm

Ina wrote:Artful you sound a bit like my boyfriend. When even for a second I falter in filling him with reassurance, love and attention he begins to think the worst, he starts saying I am acting weird and something is wrong, when in reality a girl sometimes needs to focus on herself and in a tight relationship the guy usually feels a bit abandoned...men are very much like infants, you cannot leave an infant alone. Dont worry. Dont pester her with questions. give it one more week.

good luck lover boy. Very Happy

Thing is- I never bother her with these things since I don't ask these questions. I don't mind her just needing her space, if she needs it then she can have all she needs without worry. It's just when I do that, she thinks that something's wrong with me. Usually, she's not like this, but a sudden noticable change like that will raise up questions- I just never ask them.

Lover boy...
I'm gonna go drink. drunken

The Artful Lost

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:53 am

Ina wrote:my boyfriend. When even for a second I falter in filling him with reassurance, love and attention he begins to think the worst, he starts saying I am acting weird and something is wrong

Isnt that a huge red flag for you? Not tryin to talk shit or belittle your relationship/man, but...I guess I had you pegged as someone who would require a strong willed man?

Jeremy

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum